Redeem Spreads Device Trade-In Message Across Europe, Middle East and Beyond
Expansion follows a year of strong growth
London, 2 March 2015:
Redeem, the leading mobile phone recycling and re-commerce company in Europe, is delighted to announce it is rapidly building up its presence in key territories in Europe and the Middle East, following a year of strong growth, major contract wins and senior hires.
Redeem takes back used mobile phones and other devices from corporates and consumers, testing and evaluating them before selling them, both within and across territories, to business and other consumers. The company has partnerships in place with several major network operators and over a decade of experience in the space.
Redeem is building its business both organically and through acquisitions, and a number of recent milestones for the company are listed below.
- 1.9 million phones recommerced and recycled in calendar year 2014
- £65 million given back to customers for their old phones in calendar year 2014
- Redeem is now sourcing used mobile phones from 24 countries – including the UK, Canada, Brazil and South Africa
- Redeem is now selling used mobile phones into 23 countries – including the UK, Germany, Hong Kong, Thailand, The United States and Algeria.
- Under Redeem’s continuing partnership with Telefonica UK on the O2 Recycle scheme, the largest of its kind in Europe, £100m has now been given to consumers
- Redeem signed a new contract with Telefonica UK last month to continue to support O2 Recycle
- New Mobile Network Operator partnerships in the last year include TeliaSonera, Tele2 and Elisa in the Nordics and Vodafone in Spain
- Trade-in programmes running across multiple retailers in the Middle East
- The management team has been strengthened with a number of internal senior hires in the last year, including CFO, Oliver Tedcastle, and CCO Mark Chambers.
- Mark Chambers, Group CCO, is now leading the integration of the UK operations for Redeem group
- Ingo Brauckmann hired as COO to oversee domestic and international operations, joining from DHL
- Redeem’s international management team continued to expand with the additions of Andrea Gaal recently appointed as MD DACH and Central Europe, Raul Ortiz as MD Spain and Husni El Assi as MD Middle East
- Acquisitions in the period established presences in the UK and Spain. MobilePoint and Insitu Moviles repair and resell handsets for MNOs and manufacturers in Spain and Envirofone is the leading consumer mobile phone recycler in the UK.
- New operating facilities now open in Stockholm and opening in Dubai, bringing the total number of countries where Redeem has staff in-territory to eight.
Redeem is now structured to offer flexible omnichannel take-back services – tailored for MNOs, consumer, retail and corporate – across multiple territories. The company offers secure data wiping solutions which can be adapted for individual customers.
Claes Svensson, CEO of Redeem, said:
“2014 was a great year for Redeem, and we put in place many people and structures to ensure a solid platform for future growth. The mobile phone recycling market is developing strongly as mobile phones become more sophisticated and people start to realise that they have a value – an understanding is developing that, as with buying a new car, you trade in the still-valuable old item to reduce the price of the purchase. In 2015 we expect corporates to focus on data removal, MNOs will look to diversify beyond mobile phones and we see growth in all geographies. 2015 promises to be another year of growth for the Redeem team.”
For further information, images or interview requests please contact Powerscourt:
firstname.lastname@example.org 0207 324 0492 / 07894 709 826
email@example.com 0203 328 9383 / 07968 819 273
Redeem is a global leader in the provision of high volume value recycling solutions for a range of hand-held technologies, with a particular focus on mobile phones and tablets.
Our industry-leading business model means our experts can be trusted to offer customised multichannel market-leading recycling solutions. We currently provide Direct, Business to Business, White Label, Charity and Fundraising solutions to an international client base. As well as providing services for other companies under White Label, we operate three brands – Redeem itself (innovative trade-in solutions for MNOs and retailers), Envirofone (for consumers), and EMC (secure data wiping and electronics recycling solutions for business).
At Redeem we have over fifteen years’ industry knowledge, experience and expertise in end-to-end recycling and trade-in solutions. Redeem currently operates in 24 countries on three continents with regional offices in Iberia (Spain); Nordic/Balkans (Sweden and Estonia), Asia (Hong Kong) and Middle East (Dubai).
Around 95% of the traded-in devices Redeem handle are data-wiped, refurbished and resold. The 5% that cannot be restored are fully recycled, leading to zero waste going to landfill. Redeem provides the data and certification to satisfy the WEEE Directive and high quality CSR programmes.