RELIANCE COMMUNICATIONS ANNOUNCES
FINANCIAL RESULTS FOR THE QUARTER ENDED MARCH 31, 2015
TOTAL REVENUE AT RS. 5,703 CRORE, UP 1% Y-O-Y
EBITDA AT RS. 1,976 CRORE, UP 6.7% Y-O-Y
PAT AT RS. 228 CRORE, UP 45.9% Y-O-Y
TOTAL DATA TRAFFIC AT 87,211 MILLION MB, UP 73.6% Y-O-Y
HIGHEST DATA USAGE PER SUBSCRIBER IN THE INDUSTRY AT 893 MB, UP 37.8% Y-O-Y
33.7 MILLION DATA CUSTOMERS INCLUDING 17.4 MILLION 3G CUSTOMERS
TOTAL MOU AT 108.1 BILLION, UP 5.7% Y-O-Y AND ARPU AT RS. 147, UP 14.8% Y-O-Y
RPM AT 44.4 PAISA, UP 2.8% Y-O-Y
Mumbai, May 29, 2015: Reliance Communications Limited (RCom) today announced its consolidated financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2015.
KEY HIGHLIGHTS for Q4FY15:
1. Net Profit at Rs. 228 crore, up 45.9% from Rs. 156 crore in Q4 previous year.
2. Consolidated Revenue & EBITDA: RCom Q4 revenue at Rs. 5,703 crore, up 1% from Rs. 5,671 crore in Q4 previous year. Q4 EBITDA at Rs. 1,976 crore, up 6.7% from Rs. 1,852 crore in Q4 previous year. EBITDA margin at 34.7% improved from 32.7% in Q4 previous year.
3. India Operations Revenue & EBITDA: Q4 revenue at Rs. 4,907 crore, up 5.5% from Rs. 4,649 crore in Q4 previous year. Q4 EBITDA at Rs. 1,713 crore, up 3.3% from Rs. 1,659 crore in Q4 previous year.
4. Global Operations Revenue & EBITDA: Q4 Revenues at Rs. 1,294 crore, up by 2.7% from Rs. 1,261 crore in Q4 previous year. Q4 EBITDA at Rs. 263 crore, up 36.1% from Rs. 193 crore in Q4 previous year.
5. RCom continues to be free cash flow positive. RCom generated operational cash flow (EBITDA) of Rs. 1,976 crore in Q4, paid net finance charges of Rs. 666 crore and invested Rs.505 crore on capex during the quarter. It remains free cash flow (FCF) positive and this is expected to continue.
6. Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
a. RPM: RPM at 44.4 paisa, up 2.8% Y-o-Y. Voice RPM at 33.2 paisa, up 0.6% Y-o-Y
b. MOU: Total MOU at 108.1 billion, up 5.7% Y-o-Y
c. ARPU: ARPU at Rs.147, up 14.8% Y-o-Y
d. Data Customers: The total data customer base has grown 26.2% Y-o-Y to 33.7 million including 17.4 million 3G customers in Q4.
e. Data Traffic: The total data traffic at 87,211 million MB, up 73.6% Y-o-Y. The traffic has increased due to increase in data subscribers and higher data usage per customer.
7. Key Developments:
a. RCom gets rated by two renowned global credit rating agencies: During the quarter RCom got itself rated from two renowned global credit rating agencies, Moody’s and Fitch Ratings. The Company was rated Ba3 (Stable Outlook) by Moody’s and BB- (Stable Outlook) by Fitch Ratings. A stable outlook signifies that the Company is in a better position to manage its balance sheet and sustain as a long-term player in the telecommunications industry.
b. RCom raised USD300 million through offshore bond offering: RCom raised USD300 million by issuing offshore bonds at 6.5% p.a. with a maturity of five-and-a-half years. The bonds were rated at the same level as Issuer ratings given by Moody’s and Fitch.
c. RCom partnered with Twitter for the best cricketing action during Cricket World Cup: RCom partnered with Twitter to provide its customers with the most comprehensive platform to follow the excitement and global commentary during the World Cup. By allowing its users new ways to connect and engage on Twitter and follow the six-week tournament, RCom took to drive Internet adoption and usage during this iconic event, and help drive greater recharges and create stickiness around data usage. One unique aspect of the service was that customers who did not have a Twitter account could also access cricket- related Tweets by logging on to www.rcom.co.in/cricket on their mobile phones throughout the duration of this global event. Twitter access was free for RCom customers during World Cup.
d. Launch of World Cup Cricket Portal to drive Data Usage: RCom customers caught all the action of the World Cup 2015 with exclusive access to a World Cup Cricket Portal. Customers could watch the matches live, download videos & wallpapers, and do much more.