SAMSUNG BRINGS FREEDOM AND FUN TO YOUR FITNESS WITH THE LAUNCH OF GEAR FIT2 AND GEAR ICONX
GPS sports band and cord-free fitness earbuds address top consumer requests, making it easier to incorporate fitness into any lifestyle
London, 2 June, 2016 – Samsung Electronics continues its expansion in the fitness wearable market today with the global unveiling of the Gear Fit2 and the Gear IconX. Each product is designed with users’ fitness needs in mind, and includes features such as precise tracking technology and a standalone music player to provide people with the best possible fitness experience.
The Gear Fit2 features an embedded GPS and a heart rate monitor (HRM) that offer accurate and robust fitness tracking and measurement, while providing instant feedback on the user’s workout. The Gear IconX are truly cord-free earbuds that can track fitness information and provide runners with feedback on their performance. Both the Gear Fit2 and Gear IconX are designed to complement users’ various fitness levels, whether they are training for a marathon or taking a daily stroll through the park.
“Samsung has pioneered and led the wearables category over the last few years, bringing exciting new innovations into the market. The Gear Fit2 and Gear IconX are designed to help those striving to live more fit and active lives, offering features to enhance existing exercise routines as well as a standalone music player to keep users motivated. These new additions to Samsung’s portfolio allow fitness fans and beginners alike to get more out of their fitness experience,” said Conor Pierce, UK Vice President, IT & Mobile.
Gear Fit2: Advanced Features for Fitness
· Features an ergonomic, sleek and slim design for comfortable everyday use
· Provides a Super AMOLED curved display with a high-resolution colour touchscreen for easy fitness monitoring, or checking and responding to text message notifications
· Embedded GPS and HRM sensor for accurate data tracking of activity
· With the Auto Activity Tracking feature, users won’t have to manually activate the sports band – whether running, walking, cycling, or using a rowing machine
· Enables easy transfer of fitness data between S Health and other select fitness applications, and provides ‘Step Challenges,’ for 1:1 competitions with your friends
· The standalone music player provides a workout boost without the need of a mobile device
Gear IconX: A Simple and Wireless Experience
· Provides a lightweight, secure and comfortable fit with three different sizes of eartips and wingtips, and can be activated by simply placing the earbuds in the user’s ears
· Enables tracking of fitness data such as distance, speed, duration, heart rate and calories burned, and easily syncs with S Health
· Includes a Voice Guide feature that provides instant voice feedback on the user’s workout progress and provides a standalone music listening experience
· With Bluetooth capability and an internal storage that can play up to 1,000 MP3s, users can simply tap or swipe the earbuds to easily control the music
The Gear Fit2 will be available from the 10th June 2016 and the Gear IconX will be available from July 2016. For more product information, please visit www.samsungmobilepress.com or news.samsung.com/galaxy.
For the official launch film of Gear Fit2 and Gear IconX, please visit:
Gear Fit2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHK5SAHj1ZE
Gear IconX: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qto3jm36Tw
Samsung Gear Fit2 Specifications:
1.5”, Curved Super AMOLED 216 x 432
Dual Core (1 GHz)
512 MB (RAM) / 4 GB Storage
Bluetooth® v 4.2
Accelerometer, Gyro, HRM, Built-in GPS, Barometer
24.5 (W) x 51.2 (D) mm
Android 4.4/ RAM 1.5 GB
Notifications (SNS, call, email, applications, schedule)
Black, blue and pink
Small (Size of the wrist: 125 ~ 170mm)
Large (Size of the wrist: 155 ~ 210mm)
IP68 certified (up to 30 minutes in up to 1.5m of water)
Standalone music player
Audio formats: MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, M4A, AMR, AWB, OGG, OGA, 3GA
Samsung Gear IconX Specifications:
4 GB / up to 1,000 songs
Bluetooth® v 4.1
Accelerometer, HR, Capacitive Touch
Earbud: 18.9 (W) x 26.0 (D) / Case: 92.0 (W) x 35.3 (D)
Earbud: 6.3g per earbud / Case: 52g
Earbud: 47mAh / Charging Case: 315mAH
Android 4.4/ RAM 1.5 GB
2ea per earbud
Black, blue and white
Splash resistant (P2i Nano Coating)
Standalone music player
Voice guide (available in 15 languages)
Audio formats: MP3, WMA v9, WAV, AAC, M4A
*All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies. The company is redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, printers, medical equipment, network systems, and semiconductor and LED solutions. For the latest news, please visit the Samsung Newsroom at news.samsung.com.