Savvis and VMware to expand VMware vCloud® Hybrid Service™ locations and deliver complementary hybrid cloud solutions
– CenturyLink to launch low-latency network services to connect VMware vCloud Hybrid Service
ST. LOUIS and SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 26, 2013 – Today at VMworld® 2013, Savvis, a CenturyLink company (NYSE: CTL), and VMware, Inc. (NYSE:VMW) announced they have expanded their partnership to include Savvis’ adoption of VMware vCloud® Hybrid Service™.
During today’s VMworld General Session keynote, VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger announced the general availability of VMware vCloud Hybrid Service and VMware’s agreement with Savvis to be its hosting partner in the U.S. and Canada:
- By deploying instances of VMware vCloud Hybrid Service within Savvis’ North American data center footprint in 2013 and 2014
- By Savvis’ adoption of VMware vCloud Hybrid Service in its cloud orchestration roadmap
- Through development of complementary, secure low-latency network services for VMware vCloud Hybrid Service customers using the CenturyLink global network
“Savvis is proud to expand our VMware partnership to integrate our offerings with VMware vCloud® Hybrid Service™,” said Jeff Von Deylen, president of Savvis. “Customers using VMware vCloud Hybrid Service will benefit from our broad portfolio of network, colocation, managed hosting, managed services and cloud services to enable custom IT solutions. Hybrid cloud customers are looking for the kind of secure, low-latency network connectivity solutions that Savvis and CenturyLink can provide.”
“Building on VMware’s longstanding relationship with Savvis, this alliance will enable new and existing business applications to run seamlessly both on- and off-premises,” said Bill Fathers, senior vice president and general manager, Hybrid Cloud Services Business Unit, VMware. “Customers can gain new data center locations for VMware vCloud® Hybrid Service™ and complementary network, colocation, hosting and managed services from Savvis to accelerate their move to cloud.”
Savvis has a long history of technology integration with VMware to enable its broad portfolio of VMware-based cloud products supporting a global customer base. In the past year, Savvis:
- Launched the Savvis Cloud Ecosystem, which focuses on innovative technology partners using VMware’s vCloud API.
- Announced the global availability of Savvis Cloud Data Center, which is based on the latest version of VMware vCloud Director orchestration platform.
- Joined the Cloud Foundry advisory board, which was recently established by Pivotal, to help guide the Cloud Foundry ecosystem as it fosters a platform for developers in an open and innovative community.
For more information, visit www.savvis.com/vmware.
Savvis, a CenturyLink company, provides industry-leading IT infrastructure solutions that keep enterprises powered for business in today’s ever-changing global marketplace. Combining deep, proven experience with personal commitment, Savvis delivers cloud, colocation and managed-hosting services over advanced networks, enabling its clients to focus on their core environments and meet new market opportunities.
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services market by technology industry analyst firms. The company is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions for enterprise customers. CenturyLink provides data, voice and managed services in local, national and select international markets through its high-quality advanced fiber optic network and multiple data centers for businesses and consumers. The company also offers advanced entertainment services under the CenturyLink® Prism™ TV and DIRECTV brands. Headquartered in Monroe, La., CenturyLink is an S&P 500 company and is included among the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations.
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable businesses to thrive in the Cloud Era. Customers rely on VMware to help them transform the way they build, deliver and consume Information Technology resources in a manner that is evolutionary and based on their specific needs. With 2012 revenues of $4.61 billion, VMware has more than 500,000 customers and 55,000 partners. The company is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the world and can be found online at www.vmworld.com.