Smaller Is Smarter for Newest TETRA Radio
Motorola Solutions’ ST7000 small TETRA radio combines high-quality audio and an intuitive, touch screen user interface in a pocket-sized design for business-critical operations
- The ST7000 small TETRA digital radio targets a fast-growing market that demands high-quality audio in a discreet size
- It provides customer-facing professionals as well as executives with an easy-to-use device
- The ST7000 sets a new standard with the ideal combination of form and function featuring loud and clear audio, a simple user interface, flexible connectivity and durability
Amsterdam, The Netherlands – May 31, 2016 – A crowded airport gate. A bustling hotel lobby. A noisy, overcrowded casino. Each scene calls for critical communications between customer-facing staff on reliable, modern radios that are easy-to-use and blend into professional attire. Setting a new standard for style, function and form in a fast-growing market, Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) has introduced the ST7000 small Terrestrial Trunked Radio (TETRA) device to its industry-leading portfolio.
“Our customer-facing staff at the airport expressed their desire for a radio that is smaller and more elegant than the highly rugged and robust radios used by the airport ground staff on the runways,” says Norio Sakai, president and CEO, Nippon Airport Radio Services Co., Ltd. “We brought that need to Motorola Solutions who listened to us and created quickly a radio based on the feedback of our users. We are very satisfied with the end result, which is a small-sized, easy-to-use and fashionable solution that our users are very happy with. It’s a discreet radio with state-of-the-art technology that is simply stylish.”
“Working closely with our customers, we uncovered their need for a communications tool that delivers our industry-leading technology in a design that’s thoroughly modern and exceptionally intuitive and can easily slip into a pocket,” said Steve Young, vice president TETRA devices at Motorola Solutions. “The ST7000 digital radio raises the bar in this business-critical market with an elegant design to create tremendous value for customer-facing professionals, executives or anyone who need a discreet, sleek form factor with radio durability and audio quality.”
The ST7000 small TETRA radio features a semi-integrated antenna so it fits easily in a pocket. Touch-sensitive buttons and integrated Bluetooth® 4.0 wireless technology make the ST7000 a flexible, modern TETRA radio, including these features:
- A reversible USB C connector for flexible charging and programming
- A 3.5mm audio connector for maximum accessory compatibility
- Vibration alerts and haptic feedback for discreet use
- White organic light-emitting diode (OLED) screen with a touch user interface for easy navigation
- A weatherproof design with an Ingress Protection (IP) IP54 rating
- Certified to withstand shock and drops with MIL-STD 810 F/G rating
- Extended battery life of up to 19 hours
- Low distortion, loud audio
- A 1.8W transmission power for uncompromising coverage
- An open speaker port and automatic gain control for clear audio against the loudest background noise
- Tactile keys providing simple push-to-talk, volume, talkgroup and power control with an intuitive, touch screen user interface that controls other radio functions
Available globally end of this year, the ST7000 introduces a new form factor that combines the best of intuitive and discreet design with a traditional radio’s audio quality and dependability. Whether ensuring the highest level of customer service at an airport or just making sure a hotel lobby keeps moving, both professionals and executives will see significant value in this new radio line with features that keep them focused on the task at hand and not on their devices.
Learn more about the ST7000 small TETRA radio
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) creates innovative, mission-critical communication solutions and services that help public safety and commercial customers build safer cities and thriving communities. For ongoing news, visit www.motorolasolutions.com/newsroom or subscribe to a news feed.