Sony Ericsson Expands Footprint in Japan with Partnership with EMOBILE
- Sony Ericsson’s mini line introduced to support EMOBILE customers throughout Japan
18 October 2011, LONDON – Sony Ericsson has brought its smallest Android smartphone to Japan as part of new partnership with EMOBILE, Japan’s fastest growing mobile broadband service operated by eAccess Ltd. Executives from eAccess and Sony Ericsson gathered last week in Tokyo to debut Sony Ericsson’s Xperia(TM) mini line, now available to EMOBILE customers in Japan as the ‘Sony Ericsson mini’.
The partnership will drive further growth and expand Sony Ericsson’s market share in Japan by providing a high-specification product well suited to the highly mobile, data-hungry customers. EMOBILE is the fastest growing mobile service in the country with more than 3.5 million mobile subscribers acquired since the launch in 2007. EMOBILE specializes in providing high speed, flat-rate mobile data services to its subscribers.
With Japanese mobile users looking for highly portable smartphone functionality and power in a small, compact size, the Sony Ericsson mini provides the services they expect in a device packed full of features:
- A small and powerful smartphone that fits into the palm of their hand with a compact body the size of a business card and weighing only 99g
- The only smartphone that provides EMOBILE customers with entertainment experiences from the worlds of both Android and Sony in an easy-to-use device the size of a credit card
- An easy-to-use experience thanks to its unique four corner user interface that allows access to up to 16 apps in the corner of a user’s home screen
In a country where Facebook usage has doubled in the last six months, Sony Ericsson mini also comes with Facebook inside Xperia(TM), integrating consumers’ social connections throughout the phone by making Facebook immediately accessible from the most used areas of the phone such as the picture gallery, music player, phonebook and calendar.
- For a fast entertaining experience, the minis are powered by a 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon(TM)
- High definition video recording, best-in-class imaging and display technology from Sony, including Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA® Engine
The Sony Ericsson Xperia(TM) minis were launched globally in August of this year. The Xperia(TM) minis are known as the Sony Ericsson minis in Japan. For more information and specifications, please visit the Sony Ericsson website.
1) Facts and features may vary depending on local variant. 2) Operational times are affected by network preferences, type of SIM card, connected accessories and various activities e.g. playing games. Kit contents and colour options may differ from market to market. The full range of accessories may not be available in every market.
© Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB, 2011
The Liquid Identity logo is trademark or registered trademark of Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB. Sony, Walkman and Zappin are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation. Ericsson is the trademark or registered trademark of Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson. Additional information regarding trademarks may be located on our website at: www.sonyericsson.com/cws/common/legal/disclaimer.
Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. All terms are subject to change without prior notice.
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB, SE-221 88 Lund, Sweden.
About Sony Ericsson
Sony Ericsson celebrates its 10th year as a joint venture between Sony Corporation and Ericsson in October, 2011. Over the years Sony Ericsson has brought together the best communication technologies with superior entertainment user experiences to create its Xperia(TM) line of the ‘most entertaining smartphones’ in the mobile handset industry. With its global corporate functions in London, Sony Ericsson has sales and marketing operations in all major regions of the world, as well as manufacturing in China, and product development sites in China, Japan, Sweden and Silicon Valley, California. For more information, please visit: www.sonyericsson.com/press.
FOR MEDIA INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Sony Ericsson Global Communications & PR
General Press: +44 208 762 5858
Product images: www.sonyericsson.com/press