Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman(TM) delivers unique social music experience for smartphones
· Smartphone with Walkman(TM) on the latest Android platform (Gingerbread 2.3)
· Unique Facebook(TM) integration enables instant music and media sharing
· Content services from Sony provide access to the latest music and video titles
22 August 2011, London, UK – Sony Ericsson today announced Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman(TM), an Android smartphone that delivers a unique social music experience. A dedicated Walkman(TM) hardware button provides instant access to the music player and consumers can also like, share and discover content through a deep Facebook(TM) integration. The infinite button lets the consumer explore even more and the *Qriocity service from Sony provides music and video content for the consumer to enjoy.
With attractive curved design, a glossy finish and a mineral glass display, the phone has a 3.2″ screen and a powerful 1Ghz processor. A front facing camera is enabled for Skype video calling, while a 5MP AF camera can capture 720p HD video recording. *Sony’s xLOUD(TM) enhances audio output, while the latest Android platform for smartphones (Gingerbread 2.3) provides access to over 250,000 applications on the Android Market(TM).
Nikolaus Scheurer, Head of Product Marketing, Sony Ericsson said: “Consumers want smartphones to deliver a rich and social entertainment experience. Rather than a one dimensional music experience, they want instant and seamless access to new content, combined with the ability to share and connect with their friends. The Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman(TM) provides exactly this, in a powerful package with great style.”
A perfect combination of social networking and music entertainment:
· Deep Facebook(TM) integration: Allows users to instantly access Facebook through the most used areas of the phone such as the picture gallery, music player, phonebook and calendar.
· Media Discovery Application: A dynamic application placing the world of music and videos at consumer’s fingertips including Facebook(TM) recommendations from their friends.
· Infinite button: Tapping it within the media player enables consumers to have instant access to new content about their favourite artist, such as music videos, artist information and lyrics search.
· Qriocity music and video content services from Sony: Consumers can access millions of songs from all major labels and watch thousands of movies from all major studios. Only Sony Ericsson Android smartphones provide consumers with unique access to the entertainment services from *Sony.
· *Sony’s xLOUD(TM) technology: Enhances audio output of the inbuilt speakers at high levels.
· TrackID(TM): Identifies the music track you are listening to within the FM radio and music player. The track can then instantly be shared or downloaded.
For full details all products news, please visit the press room and the product blog: