Tekelec Unveils Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Service Enablement Solution
M2M Solution Brings Millions of Connected Devices and Applications to Market Faster to Generate Revenues at Lower Cost
2011 International CTIA Wireless Show — Tekelec (NASDAQ: TKLC), the broadband solutions company, today introduced a new machine-to-machine (M2M) service enablement solution for mobile service providers to deliver advanced M2M services. Tekelec’s solution uniquely combines multiple network functions to give service providers new abilities to scale M2M deployments, prioritize and manage devices and applications and analyze M2M service performance.
“The M2M market is entering a new phase of rapid growth in broadband services as wireless sensors and chips become embedded in millions of machines that we use everyday — whether it’s our electricity meters, our cars, or our home appliances,” said Susie Kim Riley, chief marketing officer, Tekelec. “Tekelec’s intelligent M2M service enablement solution recognizes the distinct challenges and opportunities for service providers to manage billions of machines, introduce innovative service and pricing plans and differentiate their offerings by quality of service.”
Tekelec’s intelligent M2M service enablement solution is the first to integrate:
A sophisticated subscriber and device data management system to provision and manage profile, location, and usage information for millions of devices in real time. This system also ensures device security, identity and address management, and has open application interfaces to enable web services.
· Policy management to allow service providers to apply different qualities of service to different machines and implement flexible service plans based on transactions, connections, time of day, location, applications, or data usage.
· Tekelec’s Diameter Signaling Router to scale the M2M network’s policy, charging, authentication and mobility management information and enable roaming and service portability.
· The Performance Intelligence Center to analyze M2M services and network performance to identify trends, diagnose problems, ensure service level agreements and optimize device and service performance.
· Messaging services to provide alerts and notifications based on real-time events and secure message storage and forwarding.
· The solution enables operators to provide end-to-end M2M services and profitably manage an M2M ecosystem with variable traffic volatility, transaction volumes, connection frequencies and quality of service requirements.
“Beyond traditional connection revenues, service providers can also generate M2M revenues by providing end-to-end solutions for key applications such as smart homes, smart cars, or smart cities,” said Kitty Weldon, principal analyst, Current Analysis. “They can offer tiered services for different device types with unique classes of service, bundle multiple devices in a single subscription, and collect and analyze data that can be useful to enterprise customers. Tekelec’s M2M service enablement solution provides the intelligent controls to accelerate these new business models.”
Tekelec enables billions of people and devices to talk, text and access the Web. Our portfolio delivers a unique layer of intelligence allowing service providers to both manage and monetize the exponential growth in data traffic and applications. Tekelec has more than 25 offices around the world serving customers in more than 100 countries. For more information, please visit www.tekelec.com.
For further information:
Sam Tring at Babel PR
+44(0)207 434 5550
11-13 Soho Street
London W1D 3DJ
T. +44 (0)20 7434 5550
D. +44 (0)20 7434 5554