ANNAPOLIS, Md., Jan. 15, 2014 – TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS), a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology, today announced the availability of its X/Y Tracking Antenna Systems. These precision systems are specifically designed for low-Earth orbit (LEO) and medium-Earth orbit (MEO) satellites in support of Earth observation, remote sensing, and telemetry, tracking and control applications. Initial orders are now shipping to small satellite operators that are offering a cost-effective and pervasive earth observation data solution.
- According to a November 2013 Euroconsult report, LEO and MEO satellites will account for approximately 66 percent of the 1,151 satellite launches forecasted over the next 10 years. This is expected to create a higher demand for more ground station terminals and antenna systems capable of tracking these satellite systems.
- The reliable, field-proven X/Y Tracking Antenna Systems can be securely operated from anywhere in the world through the systems’ control and monitoring capability.
- The systems’ X/Y axis configuration eliminates the keyhole (lost data) effect that occurs with other tracking antennas when they cross through the zenith.
- Through TCS’ simplified design and advanced manufacturing techniques, a wide selection of antenna reflector and X/Y pedestal sizes in both deployable and trailered configurations are available, enabling customization while maintaining cost and delivery advantages.
- The antenna reflectors are manufactured from carbon composite, allowing the systems to maintain their shape in extreme heat and cold, thereby making them ideal for tracking applications anywhere on the globe.
- Feed assemblies for data transmission and receipt include both right-hand and left-hand circular polarized configurations from L-band through Ka-band.
TCS has a 26-year track record as a proven, trusted provider of communication technology solutions to the government’s toughest technical challenges, under conditions that demand the highest level of reliability, availability and security. To ensure mission continuity, TCS TotalCom® offers deployable, highly secure communication solutions and complete end-to-end managed services for converged (IP-based) voice, video and data solutions to organizations requiring seamless and secure connectivity between fixed sites and remote operations.
TCS Government Solutions Group President Michael Bristol said: “TCS now offers a satellite tracking solution that is one of the best values in the industry. Due to our state-of-the-art manufacturing processes, we can offer a fully featured, high performance antenna at very competitive rates in half the normal delivery times quoted by our competition. It’s a triple win for our customers whether they are a space agency, tracking system integrator or a satellite data provider.”
About TeleCommunication Systems, Inc.
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. (TCS) (NASDAQ: TSYS) is a world leader in highly reliable and secure mobile communication technology. TCS infrastructure forms the foundation for market-leading solutions in E9-1-1, text messaging, commercial location and deployable wireless communications. TCS is at the forefront of new mobile cloud computing services, providing wireless applications for navigation, hyper-local search, asset tracking, social applications and telematics. Millions of consumers around the world use TCS wireless apps as a fundamental part of their daily lives. Government agencies utilize TCS’ cybersecurity expertise, professional services and highly secure deployable satellite solutions for mission-critical communications. Headquartered in Annapolis, MD, TCS maintains technical, service and sales offices around the world. To learn more about emerging and innovative wireless technologies, visit www.telecomsys.com.