TEOCO agrees to multi-million dollar deal with Rostelecom
Russian service provider selects Netrac service assurance solution to optimize overall network performance
Fairfax, Va., 24 February 2014 – TEOCO, the leading provider of assurance and analytics solutions to Communications Service Providers (CSPs) worldwide, has been selected by Russia’s leading telecommunication service provider, Rostelecom, to deliver its proven Netrac network fault and performance management solution.
The largest Russian communication service provider, Rostelecom serves 100 million subscribers and businesses across the Russian Federation. The multiplicity of users over a wide network topology, and the expected amount of network events have encouraged Rostelecom to seek a solution that would satisfy and manage customers’ experiences, ensuring the highest levels of service quality. This is especially important when supporting major public events when high spikes in network usage occur.
Rostelecom will deploy Netrac to ensure service quality and ubiquity for all its multi-play services, and especially to deliver top service availability and network performance. TEOCO’s Netrac performance and fault solutions leverage operational measurements from different services and technologies to create meaningful insight into network and service behavior, reduce downtime and preempt service degradations. Overall, this allows Rostelecom to meet its customer’s expectations, maximize its capital and operational investments, and assure its brand equity.
The challenges and opportunities offered in Russia and the region are as numerous as they are fascinating and TEOCO is excited to be a major player in this competitive market. “We are eager to start working with the Russian leader to tame their network, and deliver high quality services” declared Eitan Naor, CEO of TEOCO Ltd.
Rostelecom (www.rostelecom.ru) (RTS, MICEX: RTKM) is a nationwide telecommunications enterprise and the largest universal communications operator in Russia, serving more than 100 million subscribers in 80 regions. Rostelecom offers cutting-edge fixed and mobile telephony, broadband access, pay television and cloud solutions to consumers and businesses.
Key facts about Rostelecom:
- The leading landline, broadband access and IPTV service provider in Russia
- The leading developer of cloud solutions for the Russian market, Rostelecom designs and deploys solutions for healthcare, education, mobile payments, e-government and other industries
- Consolidated bandwidth of client connections in excess of 2.3 Tbit/s
- 3G and 4G mobile communications licenses
- Revenue: RUB 321.3 billion; OIBDA: RUB 118.6 billion (2012, IFRS)
- Credit ratings: Fitch BBB-, Standard & Poor’s BB+
TEOCO is the leading provider of Assurance and Analytics solutions to Communication Service Providers worldwide. TEOCO’s product portfolio includes:
- Customer Analytics –Combine profitability, quality of experience, and behavioral data to better understand, target and engage the subscriber base.
- Margin Assurance – Manage costs and revenues to understand the profitability of every transaction.
- Service Assurance – Resolve faults, maximize performance & utilization, and improve customer experience.
- Network Optimization – Optimize radio access networks to reduce costs while improving coverage, capacity, and quality of the network.
Since 1995, TEOCO has helped over 140 of the largest service providers around the world to manage and evolve their businesses efficiently and profitably, while enhancing the customer experience. TEOCO is widely recognized for its commitment to principled entrepreneurship, business ethics and employee ownership with a particular emphasis on its core values of alignment with employees, clients and community.
For more information, visit www.teoco.com.