Thai PM to headline “Thailand in View”
HONG KONG (January 13, 2011) – CASBAA today announced that the Prime Minister of Thailand, H.E. Abhisit Vejjajiva, will deliver the opening address to CASBAA’s “Thailand in View” pay-TV seminar to be held in Bangkok on Thursday, January 20, 2011 at the Centara Grand & Bangkok Convention Centre at CentralWorld.
“We are delighted to welcome H.E. Abhisit Vejjajiva to this important opportunity to highlight the immense potential for Thailand’s pay-TV industry,” said Marcel Fenez, the Chairman of CASBAA. “The Prime Minister’s participation truly underlines how important the broadcasting sector is to the nation.”
Among the other powerhouse speakers lined up for the one-day conference:
· H.E. Alongkorn Ponlaboot, Deputy Minister of Commerce and Chairman of the Subcommittee, Administration of Creative Economy Policy
· Senator Somchai Sawaengkarn, Chairman of the Committee on Human Rights, Rights and Liberties and Consumer Protection
· Tanawat Wansom, President, MCOT
· Sompan Charmumilinda, Executive Vice Chairman, True Visions
· Todd Miller, Executive Vice President, International Networks, Asia Pacific, Sony Pictures Television
· Manu Sawhney, Managing Director, ESPN STAR Sports
· Sinthu Peatrarut, Managing Director, AGB Nielsen Media Research
· Raymund Miranda, Managing Director, Asia Pacific, Universal Networks International
· Niphon Naksompop, President, Satellite Television Association of Thailand
· Peter Papaioannou, Director of Operations, Video & Cable Solutions, Cisco
· James Ross, Regional Director, ITV
· Chaipranin Visuthipol, President, Advertising Association of Thailand
· Dew Waratangtragoon, Managing Director, GMM Broadcasting
“Thailand in View”, organised in association with the Satellite Television Association of Thailand, will examine the opportunities and challenges affecting the broadcasting sector and how they are altering the national media and communications landscape through changes in broadcasting laws, increased distribution and the fast-growing advertising market.
“It is a rare occurrence to have such a selection of top-level government officials and industry professionals together at one event,” continued Fenez. “This is a clear indication of how seriously the leaders of both government and business take the development of the pay-TV sector in Thailand.”
For more information, please visit the Thailand in View Seminar 2011 page on the CASBAA website.
About CASBAA – www.casbaa.com
CASBAA is the Association for digital multichannel television, content, platforms, advertising and video delivery across Asia. The CASBAA mission is to promote the growth of pay-TV and video content through industry information, networking exchanges and events while promoting global best practices. To view the full list of CASBAA members please visit here.
Click here for CASBAA RSS News Feed.
For enquiries, please contact:
Desmond Chung, PR & Communications Manager, CASBAA
Tel: +852 3929-1712
Adela Chen, Director, Marketing & Communications, CASBAA
Tel: +852 3929-1711