To 400G and Beyond:
Viavi Demonstrates Leadership in Optical Fibre Lab and Field Test Solutions at OFC
New Solutions for Operators, Equipment Manufacturers and Their Ecosystems To Be Showcased at Booth #2001, March 22-24
Newbury, UK, 17th March, 2016 – As wireless, cable and telecommunications operators race to deliver gigabit connectivity to end users, all segments of the network need to be augmented, with fibre as the lynchpin. All participants of the industry value chain—research and development, network equipment manufacturing, and service delivery—are under pressure to evolve network architectures while meeting more stringent quality of experience expectations on existing ones. With the most comprehensive portfolio of solutions to test, measure and assure fibre networks, Viavi Solutions (NASDAQ: VIAV) is meeting industry demand with new and enhanced lab, manufacturing, field, installation and service instruments. These solutions will be showcased at the Optical Fiber Communication Conference and Exhibition (OFC), Booth #2001, March 22-24 in Anaheim, California.
Since its transformation from JDSU in 2015, Viavi has redoubled its commitment to leadership in optical fibre test and measurement. The company has delivered optical network testers for the lab to provide feedback on next-generation designs, high-speed modules that can be inserted into existing field instruments to exponentially increase capacity, and technician tools to enable fast installation and provisioning. By gaining customers’ trust in instruments and systems which are optimizing networks today, Viavi has been able to invest in and deliver solutions to help determine the most effective path for networks of the future.
Lab and Manufacturing Test
As 100G extends into metro networks, service providers are working with their ecosystem partners on plans to introduce 400G in the core.
· Optical Network Tester (ONT). Viavi will be demonstrating a 400G solution based on the CFP8 transceiver form factor, meeting the requirements of module vendors, chipset manufacturers, network elements suppliers and early-adopter service providers who need specialized physical layer tools with user-friendly applications. The ONT 400G will be shown interoperating with a Finisar CFP8 optical module prototype. Also being showcased will be the latest software release of the ONT family, including first-in-the-industry 25G FEC validation.
· MAP-200 Optical Manufacturing Test Platform. Viavi’s core manufacturing test platform is being upgraded to address changes in optical technologies being driven by 100G+ coherent transmission systems, and to reduce the cost of test through increased capital utilization.
The deployment of 100G beyond the core, and 1 Gbps at the edge, is challenging field workforces to manage new technologies while maintaining efficiency.
· 100G Service Application Module (CSAM). Viavi is building on its market share leadership in 100G field test with enhancements to the CSAM, a module that plugs into the T-BERD®/MTS® fibre test instruments to create cost-effective, portable 100G test solutions both out in the field and in the central office. The CSAM now supports state-of-the-art CFP4 and QSFP28 optics, and includes a new workflow to make OTN testing easier for technicians of all skill levels.
· FiberChek Probe. Viavi has leveraged its expertise in fibre inspection and experience providing user-friendly instruments to develop a single, all-in-one handheld solution that every technician can rely on for all of today’s fibre inspection needs. With built-in capabilities for image viewing, auto-focus, pass/fail analysis and storing/recalling results, the FiberChek probe completely automates inspection workflow to help ensure fast and accurate performance.
· OLP-88 TruePON Tester. This addition to the company’s popular SmartClass fibre family is a passive optical network (PON) meter that streamlines testing by extracting relevant information directly from data carried in the PON signals, and provides automated pass/fail fibre end-face analysis. It uses GPON data analysis for real-time measurement of fibre optic cable insertion loss, downstream upstream power levels, ODN class, and for instantaneous identification of OLT-ID ONU/ONT-ID as well as rogue ONUs causing service issues.
· 10 Gbps Ethernet Microprobe. The industry’s first 10 Gbps Ethernet Microprobe in the SFP+ form factor, with embedded application awareness, anticipates the significantly higher transport and backhaul speeds required to implement gigabit to the end user. Passive analysis of voice, video and data traffic arms customers with real-time understanding of application distribution, traffic patterns and traffic bursts, enabling them to troubleshoot individual network segments and network elements to help ensure subscriber quality of experience.
“Through our work with leading service providers and network equipment manufacturers around the globe, we have first-hand perspective on the explosive growth in speed of wireless, cable, FTTH and PON connectivity,” said Sameh Yamany, Chief Technology Officer, Viavi Solutions. “All these roads lead to optical fibre, and the core and transport networks need to be ready to aggregate and manage that traffic without sacrificing quality of experience. Our test and assurance products deliver the increased capacity, ease of deployment and elegant analytics needed to optimise networks now and put them on the right path for the future.”
About Viavi Solutions
Viavi (NASDAQ: VIAV) software and hardware platforms and instruments deliver end-to-end visibility across physical, virtual and hybrid networks. Precise intelligence and actionable insight from across the network ecosystem optimises the service experience for increased customer loyalty, greater profitability and quicker transitions to next-generation technologies. Viavi is also a leader in anti-counterfeiting solutions for currency authentication and high-value optical components and instruments for diverse government and commercial applications. Learn more at www.viavisolutions.com and follow us on Viavi Perspectives, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.