Top 5 ISV/OPD trends in 2011: Aditi Technologies
Bangalore, IN /Seattle, US: January 12th, 2011: Outsourced Product Development (OPD) has gained substantial traction with the improvement in economic environment across the world. The Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) have again started focusing extensively on the newer technologies and taking their offerings rapidly on the emerging platforms and trends. Aditi Technologies, a leading provider of software product and application development services shares its opinion on the top few ISV/OPD trends for 2011.
· Cloud Computing: Cloud is a big disruptive change and ISVs are rapidly building solutions and competencies to surge ahead in this multi-billion dollar market. Small and new ISV players stand to gain in a big way because of the low initial investment requirement for providing new software solutions. Cloud strategy acts as a revenue and customer-growth engine, facilitating penetration to wider customer segments and geographies. ISVs are looking at solutions from a spectrum of open public to closed private. The next two years will see the delivery of a range of cloud service applications that fall between these two ends. The rapid adoption can be attributed to a latent need in the IT industry for a delivery mechanism that is ubiquitous, scalable and elastic, and at the same time does not incur premium costs. Business cases have emerged for using this delivery mechanism that provides a clear ROI.
· Mobility: With more than a billion people carrying handsets that are capable of rich, mobile commerce, it provides an ideal environment for the convergence of mobility and the Web. Smart phones today come with an astounding amount of processing ability and bandwidth and increasing mobile penetration has opened up new vistas for the ISV to build mobile solutions as an extension to their existing enterprise offerings. ISVs have started reusing most of the server-side functionality in their business process, while giving it a new “mobile facelift”. The surge in popularity of mobile devices is forcing ISVs to incorporate mobile strategy into mainstream development processes.
· Technology Modernization: Constantly changing business requirements and consolidations of companies require ISV players to be quick and deliver according to changing situations. Technology modernization will continue to be a focus area for ISVs looking at leveraging the power of newer technologies and platforms. Increasing emphasis on collaboration and social media is necessitating the adoption of newer technology paradigms.
· Business Intelligence: Software is getting richer and more complex along with the changing trends in business. The applications have become more collaborative and social, which creates huge demand for Business Intelligence and analytical solutions. BI tools are now making a mark in the decision-making environments, enabling visibility and providing insights across operational improvements, finance & cost management and sales & marketing decisions.
· Digital Marketing: While in some ways social media has made communication easier, it’s made digital life and digital marketing infinitely more complex with social platforms and tools competing for time, attention and dollars. Integration of business applications with social collaboration technologies, such as wikis, blogs, instant messaging and collaborative and unified offices, are the technology trends being witnessed by ISVs. Companies are bringing together their social CRM, internal communications and collaboration, and public social site initiatives into a coordinated and cohesive strategy.
About Aditi Technologies:
Aditi represents the top Microsoft software development capability in the world. Leveraging a close partnership with Microsoft across product groups and sales offices, Aditi has emerged as a partner of choice for Microsoft clients seeking to engineer products or applications on emerging Microsoft platforms. Driven by a philosophy of hiring only ‘top percentile technology talent’ and fostering an open culture of innovation and fun, Aditi is one of India’s best places to work. It leverages Microsoft as a customer, as a partner and as a platform. Founded in 1994, Aditi is headquartered in Bangalore and has offices in Seattle, Boston, London, Mountain View, and New York City. To learn more, visit www.aditi.com
The PR Office
020 7284 6948