UKASH RECOGNISED AS AN INVESTOR IN PEOPLE
Focus on employees acknowledged as payments innovator maintains
ambitious growth path
London, July 2014 – Leading payments innovator, Ukash, has received recognition for the investment it is making in its people with the award of the Investors in People standard.
Now employing more than100 people at its London HQ, Ukash has been on an ambitious growth path, extending the range of payment solutions it offers to empower consumers online and give businesses the opportunity to extend their service offering. Building on its established voucher proposition for consumers who don’t want to, or can’t, use debit or credit cards for online payments, Ukash has most recently expanded into the wider consumer market with the launch of its ground-breaking Travel Money prepaid MasterCard card.
The award of the Investors in People standard follows a number of other successes by the company in 2014, including its fourth consecutive Queen’s Award as one of Britain’s best exporters and its inclusion in the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200. As David Hunter, CEO of Ukash explains, the achievement of the Investors in People standard demonstrates the focus the business places on employee training and motivation, which is fundamental to achieving commercial success.
“2014 continues to be a landmark year for Ukash as we not only grow our established online payments business, but break into new markets with the launch of our Travel Money card”, said David Hunter. “None of this success could be achieved without a team of focused and committed individuals, and we recognise the need to provide the support and tools to keep them motivated as well as help them develop their skills. We are, therefore, delighted to have won the Investors in People standard acknowledging this investment.”
Investors in People is the UK’s leading accreditation for business improvement through people management, and provides a wealth of resources for businesses to innovate, improve and grow, with a focus on good people making great business.
Paul Devoy, Head of Investors in People, said: “Achieving the Investors in People standard is something that any organisation should be truly proud of. It is the sign of a company which is truly committed to good people management practice and we’d like to congratulate Ukash on its achievement.”
Ukash enables consumers to transact online with over 500,000 retail outlets worldwide, giving them the same benefits as those with a credit or debit card. Its acceptance lays within communities that are driven by cash and may have a banking structure that isn’t strong enough, or communities that may not have a traditional banking system and credit facilities at all. Ukash is seeing double digit growth in countries such as Spain, France, Australia and Canada as it continues to expand its networks. Each day an average of 90,000 Ukash transactions are made worldwide, reflecting the benefits of flexibility, security and an understanding for those who are unable to attain credit.
Ukash is regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
The Ukash Travel Money Prepaid MasterCard is issued by Prepaid Financial Services Limited pursuant to a license from MasterCard International Incorporated. Prepaid Financial Services Limited is regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority, registration number 900036. Registered Office: 36 Carnaby Street London, W1F 7DR.
About Investors in People
- Investors in People makes people management excellence count. They exist to help businesses realise the potential of their people, improve standards and gain the accreditation to prove it.
- Through the respected Standard, business insight and the IIP bank of tools and resources, organisations of all shapes and sizes can put their people first – and discover a brighter business future.
- Over the last 20 years, IIP has helped more than 100,000 businesses around the world improve, using their Accreditation Framework to boost working culture, increase employee engagement and encourage game-changing leadership.
- Investors in People is owned and managed by the UK Commission for Employment and Skills, an executive non-departmental public body of the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills.
- Investors in People South of England is delivered by Grant Thornton UK LLP under license from the UK Commission for Employment and Skills.
For more information about Investors in People please visit www.investorsinpeople.co.uk