Hong Kong, 27 September 2010 – CASBAA today unlocked its speaker lineup for the CASBAA Convention 2010, 25th – 28th October in Hong Kong.
The top speakers on hot topics include:
– Gary Wang, Founder and CEO of China’s leading online video platform Tudou.com will explore opportunities, challenges and implication behind the untapped pay-TV business empowered by 60 million digital homes in China.
– Nick Brien, CEO of advertising giant McCann Worldgroup will examine the role of agency in shaping the new advertising world and strategies for leveraging video services as an effective advertising platform.
– Robert M Bakish, President of global TV brand MTV Networks International, who operates over 170 entertainment channels worldwide, will deliver a visionary address on the company’s key success factors.
– JS Sarma, Chairman of Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI), governing the broadcasting and telecommunications policy, will participate in “HARDtalk” session with Mishal Husain, BBC World News, discussing the rationale behind India’s rise to world’s most dynamic pay-TV over the past five years.
– Andrea Radrizzani, Group CEO of sports marketing agency MP & Silva will assess the role sports content plays in boosting pay-TV profits.
– KVL Narayan Rao, Group CEO & Executive Director of India’s leading news content provider NDTV will share his strategic tips for capturing audiences in the highly competitive TV news sector.
– Tanawat Wansom, President of MCOT in Thailand will detail how the Thai TV market is shaping up, given that the local satellite and cable TV landscape has been experiencing dramatic change.
Meanwhile, the top-tier-speakers will be joined by a roster of C-level executives from around the world, including Active TV, AdMob at Google, AETN International, Akamai Technologies, Al Jazeera, ASTRO, AsiaSat, HBO, Chunghwa Telecom, Concurrent, CNN International, CSL, Disney Media Distribution, DOXTV, Endemol Asia, Eurodata TV Worldwide, Fox, FRANCE 24, Indovision, Intelsat, Informa Telecoms & Media, Irdeto, Jupiter Telecommunications, Maxus, MEASAT, Millward Brown International, Nagravision, NBA Asia, Oracle, PCCW, Reuters, RRsat, Qualcomm MediaFLO, SES WORLD SKIES, Sony Pictures Television, SPORTFIVE, TBWA/Tequila, The Nielsen Company, Tiger Gate Entertainment,
True Visions, Turner Broadcasting System, Universal Networks, Verimatrix, Vietnam Media Corp and World Media Solutions.
“The high octane list of industry visionaries is a testimony the central role the CASBAA Convention plays in promoting the pay-TV market in Asia. More C-level speakers are expected to join the lineup in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned!” said Simon Twiston Davies, CEO of CASBAA.
The CASBAA Convention is supported by AsiaSat, AETN International, Akamai Technologies, Al Jazeera, Arianespace, Asia Broadcast Satellite, BBC World News, Bloomberg Television, CNBC Asia Pacific, Comcast, Concurrent, Discovery Networks Asia Pacific, Disney Media Distribution, Ericsson, Eurodata TV, Eurosport, Fashion One, Fashion TV,
Food Network Asia, FRANCE 24, GlobeCast, HBO, Intelsat, Invest Hong Kong, Irdeto, iTV, MEASAT, MGM Channel, MTV Networks, NHK, Oracle Communications, Paul Weiss, Playboy TV International, PricewaterhouseCoopers, RRsat, SES WORLD SKIES, Synovate,
Tiger Gate, True Visions, Turner, Universal Networks International, Verimatrix and Warner TV, along with more than 50 media partners and trade organisations.
For more programme details and registration about the Convention 2010, please log on to www.casbaaconvention.com.
About CASBAA – www.casbaa.com
CASBAA is an association dedicated to promoting multi-channel television via cable, satellite, broadband and wireless video networks across the Asia Pacific. CASBAA represents some 130 member organisations in the pay-TV business which in turn serve more than three billion people.
CASBAA Patron members include AETN International, Al Jazeera, Arianespace, Asia Broadcast Satellite, AsiaSat, ASTRO, Australia Network, BBC Worldwide Channels Asia, Bloomberg Television, Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific, Disney Media Distribution, Fox International Channels, HBO Asia, Intelsat, Irdeto, ITV Global Entertainment, Macquarie Group, MTV Networks Asia, NDS, NOW TV, PricewaterhouseCoopers, SES World Skies, SingTel, Sony Pictures Television, Tiger Gate Entertainment, True Visions, Turner Broadcasting System Asia Pacific, Universal Networks International and Verimatrix. To view the full list of CASBAA members, please visit here.