Vocre Expands Globally; Announces Version 1.1 at Mobile Asia Congress Supporting 18 languages in 17 countries
CEO to appear on panel “Mobile Applications – Is the Future App-Shaped?”
Hong Kong and San Francisco (-November 17, 2011-) Vocre [voh-krey], the new instant language translation app that launched earlier this year at the highly-competitive TechCrunch Disrupt Battlefield event, winning “Best Mobile App” and “Audience Choice Award,” has announced its first update for all iOS mobile devices. The update will be released imminently and, in the interim, as part of its participation at MAC, the existing app now has new pricing offering 100 translations for $0.99.
The award-winning app follows its initial critical acclaim with an enhanced version that builds upon the massive global enthusiasm for the innovative app and dramatically improves upon both the user experience and pricing models, after listening attentively to feedback from its community.
After winning “Best Mobile App” at TechCruch Disrupt, Mobile Asia Congress invited the company’s CEO, Andrew Lauder, to address the booming Asian markets, and provided a global platform for unveiling version 1.1.
“Language translation is a multi-billion dollar business and the Asian market is a significant priority for our company,” said Andrew Lauder, founder and CEO. “In a globalized economy with a demanding market in need of efficient translation services, we provide a communication bridge between the West and East for both enterprise and consumers. Vocre enables businesses to have more confidence and increased productivity by reaching more markets, and also allowing modern travelers to break down language barriers and enjoying enriched travel experiences.”
Vocre 1.1 updates include:
· New “Tabletop Split-Screen” exchange mode allowing users to have a face-to-face conversation by simply tapping the record button and then speaking. Whether having casual conversation at a corner café, or negotiating a complex business transaction in a conference room, the app can sit on the table-top enabling live language translation between the parties, half of the screen facing each person.
· 11 languages are available, featuring 3 dialects and 8 different accents, with total of 18 translation options: Chinese (Mandarin, Cantonese, Taiwanese) Dutch, English (Australia, United Kingdom, United States), French (Canada, France), German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Spanish (Mexico, Spain, United States), and Swedish.
· New, Flexible Pricing Options: Vocre is free for the first 24 hours after download. Users can then select from an affordable per-week ala carte plan, or monthly subscription; both offering UNLIMITED translations for all 18 languages.
· Upon download, simple tutorials are available to assist first-time users in mastering Vocre’s usage.
· Added optional “stop recording” button for use in a noisy environment.
· Simplified rotation-mode accelerometer (interview style) and manual text correction functionality.
· Crowdsourced translations for improving accuracy of semantic meaning, correct idioms, grammar and word order usage.
Mobile Asia Congress panel details:
Who: Andrew Lauder, CEO, myLanguage
When: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 11:00 AM -12.30 PM
What: “Mobile Applications – Is the Future App-Shaped?”
Where: Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre, Auditorium 1
Vocre is the latest product from myLanguage, which boasts a user base approaching two million users and has regularly been featured as the premiere language translation solution on the Apple App store. The Vocre App is available for free on the US App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. It can be found and downloaded following this link
About myLanguage, Inc.
myLanguage is the fast-growing mobile language translation and learning community. With millions of downloads and more than 45 million unique translations provided to date, myLanguage is changing language translation and learning with applications that are fun, engaging and practical. Learn more about myLanguage Phrasebooks and myLanguage Translator at www.myLanguage.me