VOSS UC Management Framework Now Incorporated into Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution
Latest version of the world’s most successful UC provisioning engine launched to market in the most widely deployed Cloud UC platform
RICHARDSON, Texas (Monday October 6, 2014) – VOSS Solutions today announced that its “Game Changer” UC management framework, VOSS-4-UC, is now included in version 10.1.1 of the Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution (HCS), under the name CUCDM 10.1.1. Cisco has formally announced the availability of the HCS 10.1.1 release to the market and this is a major milestone in the history of cloud communications.
VOSS, a Cisco preferred development partner, has been the crucial management component of the Cisco HCS solution since its inception. Until now, Cisco has included the original VOSS UC management framework, VOSS 8 (known as CUCDM 8.X), to provide fulfillment management for the integrated architecture and UC services across the Cisco HCS solution. Going forward, HCS customers will be able to select the newly architected VOSS-4-UC management platform (CUCDM 10.1.1), or the traditional CUCDM 8.X.
VOSS announced VOSS-4-UC in September 2013, entirely re-architecting the design of the UC management platform. This was in response to feedback from customers and partners that communications management requirements had evolved significantly in recent years, and a more agile UC management solution was required to meet the automation requirements.
Apart from Cisco adoption of VOSS-4-UC for HCS 10.1.1, VOSS has been successful at securing other partners to distribute its products, primarily to large multinational enterprises and government organizations.
Bill Dellara, VP Product at VOSS, commented; “Organizations are demanding more from their on-premise, cloud-based or hybrid communications platforms, so a new breed of UC management tool is required to manage the ever increasing complexity that surrounds those needs. The availability of the revolutionary VOSS-4-UC architecture will provide customers with the agility to meet the emerging demands of next generation enterprise communications.”
The latest version of VOSS’ management framework offers customers some significant advantages by making partner and customer’s platforms even faster, easier, and more accurate:
1. Extensible support for hybrid architectures – A fully integrated, but extensible design allows customers to design, build and deploy a UC management environment that best meets their specific business requirements. This enables customers to support a wide range of hybrid requirements, such as on-premise and cloud; making the transition to cloud easier.
2. Breadth and depth – 100% feature parity and rapid new version support ensure that all features and settings on the managed UC devices are consistently available via the VOSS-4-UC GUI or API, or as part of business workflows. This enables 100% of use cases can be fully automated, end-to-end.
3. Agile business modelling – Complete extraction of the underlying design fundamentals from the core, covering service configuration templates, provisioning workflows, granular GUI controls, advanced business logic, means use cases can be customized rapidly, without the need for code changes.
4. UC lifecycle management – The new modular architecture enables customers to define how much of the UC lifecycle is managed; e.g. a day-1-only solution, a day-2-only model, a self-service only model, or an end-to-end UC lifecycle management model can be provided.
VOSS also offers customers a range of professional services to ensure that each organization reaches operational effectiveness in record time:
· Migration services to transition from one environment to the next
· Platform upgrades to take advantage of the latest technology versions
· Dial plan customization to create a platform that suits your business structure
· Product training to get the most out of your UC management platform
· Partner enablement to get operational, and achieve an ROI, as quickly as possible
About VOSS Solutions
The VOSS UC management platform is specifically designed for unified communications (UC) services and applications. VOSS provides a complete tool-set to transform the way that communications architectures are designed, deployed and operated, in the public and private cloud.
VOSS is head-quartered in Richardson, Texas, with offices in Reading, UK, and Cape Town, South Africa. VOSS is funded by Intel Capital, Eden Ventures, Vodafone Ventures, and XAnge Private Equity. The VOSS technology has been deployed by many prominent companies across the world.