YAHSAT HONOURS YAHCLICK’S GLOBAL SERVICE PARTNERS AT ANNUAL AWARDS
YahClick Service Partner Forum recognises the efforts of its partners in providing reliable and wide-reaching satellite broadband globally
Abu Dhabi, UAE, 28 March 2018: UAE-based satellite operator Yahsat hosted its annual YahClick Service Partner Forum in Abu Dhabi last week, under the theme ‘Journey to Connect’, to recognise and reward the contributions of its global service partners. Yahsat currently collaborates with its service partners in 19 countries to provide services ranging from in-market sales to marketing and customer services for the company’s satellite broadband internet service, YahClick.
Welcoming its service partners to the forum, Yahsat’s Chief Commercial Officer, Farhad Khan, said: “Yahsat began with a goal to deliver reliable, secure and fast broadband satellite services to those most disenfranchised by poor connectivity. In just a few short years, we have been able to address the needs of many, and this would not be possible without the tireless efforts of our service partners, whose impact can be felt even in the most rural and remote areas of the globe. Today is a day of awards, but also a day for us to look back at our achievements, share what we have learnt from different markets and discuss strategies for the future.”
The forum also serves as a platform for service partners from the Middle East, Africa, Central and South West Asia to discuss the opportunities, challenges and future growth plans for the years ahead.
During the awards segment of the forum, Yahsat recognised several of its partners across seven award categories for their service excellence and efforts to provide reliable and wide-reaching satellite connectivity solutions in their respective geographies. The award categories and respective service partners that won the categories included:
- The ‘YahClick Service Partner of the Year’ was presented, for the first time to two service partners – TeleYemen and Neda Telecom – for their outstanding achievements, commitment and dedication in driving the YahClick business. It was a close and well-deserved tie between both service providers. Both TeleYemen and Neda Telecom were recognised for their subscriber growth, revenue growth, average revenue per user (ARPU), operational excellence and marketing efforts in their respective markets Yemen and Afghanistan.
- The ‘Operational Excellence’ award was presented to Neda Telecom for their excellent operational efficiency and outstanding handling of site installations across Afghanistan.
- The ‘Innovation’ award was presented to Supernet for their outstanding efforts in connecting over 400 rural ATMs and bank branches in mostly unserved communities in Pakistan.
- The ‘Marketing Excellence’ award was won by TeleYemen for driving a strong brand presence in their market using a range of diverse marketing tools and tactics. Their efforts continue to help educate a growing consumer base about the YahClick brand through participation in events, roadshows and conferences. This is despite working in a country facing political and economic instability and associated infrastructure and commercial challenges.
- The ‘Community Effort’ award was won for the second year running by Mobile One2One – Skynet for their role in significantly aiding education in Kenya, by providing satellite connectivity to more than 250 rural schools.
- The ‘Subscriber Retention’ award was presented to TeleYemen in recognition of their ability to retain 78 percent of their customer base throughout 2017, as a result of their excellent support with in-country technical, operational and customer care teams.
- The ‘Subscriber Growth’ award was won by Etisalat – Afghanistan in recognition of the significant growth of their subscriber base; growing by 45 percent in 2017.
Commenting on the award ceremony, CCO Khan said, “A critical element in our success is in-depth local knowledge, which each of our service partners give us. I would like to express my gratitude for their continued dedication in helping Yahsat to become a value proposition for clients and consumers alike. I look forward to our continued success together as we widen YahClick’s footprint globally.”
Award nominations were sought from within Yahsat and were carefully reviewed by an evaluation committee for the final selection.