August 6 2010 – The new app utilises Yell.com’s extensive database of local businesses to provide real time location based access to classified business information, including websites, contact details and directions.
With plumbers, pubs, taxis, takeaways and cash machines a mere touch away, key features include:
• Searching for popular local businesses
• Automatically finds your location with a GPS fix
• Easy to call businesses straight from the app
• Businesses displayed on a map so you can see their proximity to your location
• Walking and driving directions so you can avoid getting lost on the way there
• Sharing great businesses you recommend to friends
Matthew Bottomley, director of new media product marketing, for Yell in the UK, said: “The Ovi Store is a natural fit for Yell.com as the consumer mobile experience continues to develop with personalised, relevant content. Nokia smartphone users now have easy access to location relevant content from Yell.com’s free database of over two million local businesses.”
Rupert Englander, head of services, Nokia UK, said: “The Yell.com app is another great addition to the Ovi Store. It’s packed full of trusted location based content and information, which is sure to help businesses promote themselves and Nokia users find the information they are looking for.”
The application will be compatible with a range of Nokia devices, including the eagerly awaited Nokia N8, which launches in the UK during the third quarter of 2010.