Service Controller deployment in Yota de Nicaragua WiMAX network,
expansion to Peru in 2010
SAO PAULO, Brazil – October 25, 2010 – Bridgewater Systems (TSX: BWC), the mobile personalization company, today announced that Yota has selected the Bridgewater® Service Controller (AAA) anchored by Bridgewater’s Subscriber Data Broker™ to support the rollout of its new national WiMAX service in Nicaragua. The network, which launched on July 1st, is the first 4G wireless broadband service in the country.
- Yota is deploying the Bridgewater Service Controller to support the rollout of 4G WiMAX services in Nicaragua, and to deliver innovative, personalized services and high speed mobile Internet for consumers and enterprises using the “Yota Jingle” USB 4G modem.
- Yota is the first wireless network in Nicaragua that offers 4G mobile Internet services and is available in the capital city of Managua immediately, with further expansion to León, Granada and Masaya planned in 2010.
- The Bridgewater Service Controller securely authorizes and authenticates subscribers and provides critical accounting functions. It is an open, standards-based product that is deployed with over 150 service providers globally to enable 3G and 4G mobile data services. It offers extensive WiMAX functionality, including lawful intercept, over-the-air device provisioning, and support for a variety of business models.
- The Service Controller also allows service providers to:
- Accelerate fixed and mobile WiMAX deployments using high performance service control and subscriber data management;
- Rapidly scale mobile data services to millions of subscribers and manage billions of mobile data transactions;
- Deliver personalized services to attract and retain subscribers. New streaming media, mobile office, and location-based services can be provisioned, modified, and personalized using a unified, real-time subscriber data management solution; and
- Reduce operating costs by unifying subscriber data, and easily provisioning new subscribers and services without custom integration.
- Yota, a Bridgewater customer in Russia since 2008, is also planning to deploy the Bridgewater Service Controller to support the launch of WiMAX services in Peru in 2010.
- Visit Bridgewater Systems at Futurecom, booth A50, October 25th – 28th, 2010 at Transamerica Expo Center, Sao Paolo, Brazil. Listen to Bridgewater’s Edwin Gans speak about Operator Use Cases for the 3 Ps: Policy, Personalization and Profitability on Wednesday October 27th, 11:30 am to 12:00 pm, Conference Room: Argentina – B Pavilion.
Alexey Fedchenko, General Manager, Yota de Nicaragua
“We selected Bridgewater Systems because of their proven product capability and market leadership in service and access control. As a long-term partner in our WiMAX network deployments, Bridgewater has unrivalled experience in supporting the rollout of 4G services as we expand throughout Latin America.”
David Sharpley, Senior Vice President, Bridgewater Systems
“Yota’s decision to deploy the Bridgewater Service Controller in Nicaragua is validation of our 4G leadership, with more than 60 WiMAX operators deploying our solutions worldwide to deliver personalized mobile broadband services. Yota is an innovative 4G operator that will benefit from the rapid and cost effective deployment of mobile broadband to consumers and businesses in Nicaragua and across Latin America.”
Tags / Keywords
Bridgewater Systems, Yota, Nicaragua, Peru, AAA, Service Controller, 4G, WiMAX, Futurecom
Bridgewater® Service Controller
Yota is a wireless broadband Internet company from Russia. Yota currently provides 4G Internet services to nearly 600,000 customers across five cities in Russia (Moscow, St Petersburg, Sochi, Krasnodar and Ufa), which have a total combined population of over 20 million people. Yota adds thousands of new customers every day and plans to expand its network to cover more than 25 million people by early 2011.
Yota recently announced plans to launch latest generation 4G networks in five new Russian cities plus Moscow and Saint-Petersburg in 2011. This will make Yota one of the world’s largest 4G networks.
Yota is also expanding internationally, having launched in Nicaragua in July 2010 and with network construction
underway in Belarus and Peru. Yota ultimately aims to provide services in developing countries across Latin America,
the CIS, Asia and Africa.
About Bridgewater Systems
Bridgewater Systems, the mobile personalization company, enables service providers to efficiently manage and profit
from mobile data services, content and commerce. The company’s market leading mobile personalization portfolio
provides a real-time, unified view of subscribers including entitlements, devices, networks, billing profiles,
preferences and context. Anchored by Bridgewater’s Subscriber Data Broker™, the portfolio of carrier-grade and
standards-based products includes the Bridgewater® Service Controller (AAA), the Bridgewater® Policy Controller
(PCRF) and the Bridgewater® Home Subscriber Server (HSS). More than 150 leading service providers including America
Movil, Bell Canada, Clearwire, Cox, Hutchison Telecom, Iusacell, Scartel, SmarTone-Vodafone, Sprint, Tata
Teleservices, Tatung, Embratel, Telstra, and Verizon Wireless use Bridgewater’s solutions to rapidly deliver
innovative mobile services to over 150 million subscribers. For more information, visit us at www.bridgewatersystems.com.
Bridgewater, Bridgewater Systems, the Bridgewater Systems logo, WideSpan, Smart Caps, myPolicy, and Subscriber Data
Broker are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bridgewater Systems Corporation. All other company, product names
and any registered and unregistered trademarks mentioned are used for identification purposes only and remain the
exclusive property of their respective owners.
SOURCE: Bridgewater Systems
Pimenta – Sao Paolo
Rose Ross / Olivia Shannon
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
+44 (0)208 255 5225